sWe offer high quality, high performance and innovative products for use within different parts of the marine industry. We specialise in the manufacturing of durable, tightly specified components that offer our customers excellent performance at an affordable price.
We have a unique range of products for the sailmaking industry amongst which is a one-piece woven Luff Tape available in various dimensions. The Boltrope diameter varies from 4 to 10 mm. We offer an option of a secondary cord to be added for utilisation with headfoil track systems.
This product uses a monofil system around the bead to reduce friction and increase durability.
The main benefit is the elimination of stitched sailcloth or secondary tape. When in use, the Luff Tape has less friction and wear and the Boltrope diameter is more regular along the length of the Luff of the sail.
Designed with the marine market in mind, we have recently created a new range of HMPE webbing blended with polypropylene webbings. This offers a low stretch, high load webbing with an excellent resistance to UV and flex degradation.
The HMPE webbings offer greater benefits than standard polyester webbings, such as:
- Water resistance: the webbing doesn’t absorb water meaning it floats and remains light when working in wet conditions.
- Superior strength to weight ratio
- Reduced weight: 4 times lighter than polyester
- Reduced thickness: up to a 1/3 the one of polyester
- Chemically inert: performs well on dry, wet or salty conditions
- UV resistance: maintains its performance when exposed to UV light
- Tensile strength:
- 19 mm: 7,000 N
- 25 mm: 9,000 N
- 50 mm 21,500 N
Other widths and colours are available upon request.
Our products are also used in Jackstays, harness assemblies, marine covers and mooring systems.
If you have a project requiring a woven material specific to the marine industry,